Clearly explained user Guide for the BackupSavvy WordPress Backup plugin
The main purpose of the plugin it’s creating few or more backups and upload their on the one place on the any server by ftp or dropbox account or another place.
You need the main site where will be installed the BackupSavvy dashboard to manage your all wordpress projects. Here you will be adding new sites, set up storage settings, create scheduler and download the existing backups.
- Download and install the dashboard plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/backupsavvy/
- Download and install the child backupsavvy plugin on the child site (which you want to backup)
- Go to the wp Backupsavvy dashboard settings page (on the right sidebar in wordpress admin part)
- Add your child site with the “Activation code” (to get activation code you should to go on the child backupsavvy settings’ page)
- On the “Storage tab” you should to save backup main settings and set up the storage settings of your ftp (for now is available ftp, and Dropbox is available on the Premium version)
- On the tab “sites list” you can sync settings and create backups of all you child sites. Filters and selective backups are available in a premium version. Also on the premium version you can add unique settings to each site separately.
- On “Scheduler” tab you may create a job to automatic backups creation once in a month, week, day or hour.
- On “existing backups” tab you may check the backups are already created. (Downolad backups and create a reports you will be able in the Premium version).
- When your site will be corrupted, you can restore it from backup. Download the backup file from the place where you saved it, unpack archive, overwrite all files in the site folder.
- The sql backup you can find in wpbackitup_sql folder. You can import this file to database the site of yours.